Thursday, July 09, 2015

Homemade Soap

I tried making soap the other weekend, and liked it! Being surrounded with kindred spirits, learning about a new craft in a lovely house in Antipolo - if you know me well, you'd know that I'm most calm and at ease whenever I'm surrounded by trees, plants, and leaves - and making soap over delish food our teacher Ana Gutch of Body Food All-Natural and his brother, Vitty, served made my Saturday morning perfect.

I was amazed with Ana's huge collection of additives for her handmade soaps - dried orange peels, hibiscus powder, tea leaves, flowers, cinnamon, lavender, essential oils, cocoa butter, and many other she bought locally and from her travels abroad. I admire how dedicated she is to her chosen craft. She's always trying new combinations, experimenting with new soap recipes.

Homemade Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

How to Make You Own Soap

Homemade Soap

Homemade Soap

Here are the things I used for my first bar of soap:
Essential Oils: Lavender + Sweet Orange + Thyme
Additives: Apple + Cocoa + Hibiscus + Green Tea Leaves + Cinnamon + Chrysanthemum + Charcoal + Sweet Pea

Homemade Soap


I gave sample slices to my friends Tippy and Abbey, and my interns. I hope they like it. :)
*Crafter Mansy, l Text Mansy l Photos Mansy  
***
PS If you want to make your own soap, you can join Ana's workshop at the studio on August 8, 9am-12nn. Sign up: Soap Making Workshop

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...