Thursday, May 31, 2012

17 Hours in Singapore


Coming home from Nepal, I thought I escaped this year's very unforgiving summer. I knew I was wrong the moment I stepped outside of the Changi airport. 

I stayed at the Winks Hostel in China Town. It's a really interesting place. It's a semikindasorta high-end hostel. A room has several comfortable bunk beds they call pods; there's a common kitchen when you could meet a lot of people - mostly are backpackers; one can also use their computer/internet for free; and surprisingly, they have a library!



I spent the whole afternoon walking around Chinatown and at this cute place called the Little Dröm Store. They have vintage cameras, films, paper goods, magazines, handmade jewelry, postcards, and other things a packrat would love!



The Little Dröm Store
 #7 Ann Siang Hill, Singapore 069791
6225 5541

The Wink Hostel
#8A Mosque Street
Singapore 059488

And oh, they also have free breakfast!












No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...